Friday, October 9, 2009

Noble Nobel (oxymoron)

I feel I'm entitled to a Nobel prize, say.......... peace prize........... for all the peacekeeping efforts I plan to make. After all, the new initiative is to be expected to accomplish that which would qualify as Nobel prize worthy. Sign me up, I promise not to disappoint.
Also, keep me in mind for the Nobel in literature- I've read Mein Kampf, Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, Anne what's her name's diary....... I can identify with European angst. Don't overlook me just because I'm not from Austria or Germany or Luxembourg or any other hotbed of angst filled hotbed Euro village. (see, I can write). Keep in mind the best of Europeans boated to the US to get away from the oppression that was their lives and the rest remained in their villages writing about the repression of those who remained so they could receive the Nobel.
While I'm ranting sour grapes.............. have you noticed that the heavyweight division in boxing is dominated by eastern bloc, Russian (and boy are they the poster men of repression- I read The Gulag Archipelago) European types. If the powers that be awarded a Nobel for boxing, we probably wouldn't get that either.
Oh, ya, if you read this stuff, comment on it so I can make an assessment as to whether I'm a lunatic or not, and if so, how much of a danger to society I might be. Scale of 1 to 10. Thanks.

No comments: