Thursday, November 12, 2009

We're hosting Thanksgiving!

Yes we are. Load 'em up and fire 'em in the front door. My last head count was 27 heads. Stop to think, that's 27 forks, knives, spoons, plates, glasses, chairs, place settings- you think about that- all for a great day. Can't wait. I've ordered 2 turkeys- a 20 pounder to be roasted in the oven boob side down and loaded- not with dressing (dries out the meat) but with onions, celery, other stuff (no, not stuffing), though there certainly will be stuffing, homemade if I don't screw it up and am forced to pull out the Stove Top. Oh, yeah, the second bird, a 14 pounder, will be hyped and deep fried. Also expect my homemade pumpkin pie, sweet potato pie (I think), the usual other typical Turkey day fixins, and maybe even a pot of Wassail.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you should cook turkey #1 in the ever-popular "beercan-up-the-behind" method. Beer cans taste way better than stuffing. (for those of you who don't get the joke, there is a method of cooking birds in which you actually place a beer can where the stuffing usually goes. . . .I'm not even kidding!)

Sarah. said...

There'd better be stuffing.