Thursday, February 11, 2010

Palin in Peoria

  1. My first inclination is to cringe. After that I begin to realize that celebrity draw has nothing at all to do with political prowess, and that celebrity draw trumps ignorance on all levels. Palin is the spokesperson for this reality by example. It doesn't matter what she says, how she says it or where she speaks as long as the curious, the enamored, the fans, fill the seats. It is easy to play political spokesperson when you carry no political risk- Limbaugh, Matthews, left, right- doesn't matter. Palin quit her day job to garner celebrity. Her Worhol 15 minutes have stretched ad nauseum. It scares hell out of me that her aspirations run from the presidency to a daytime talk show- whatever falls in place. With all the problems facing our government, our country, the world, I guess my last inclination is to cringe- at the thought that a woman who probably can't balance her own checkbook could preside over it all.

4 comments:

momboe said...

I wonder how many that voted for her felt disappointed that she bailed on them. Hey!!! Maybe I should run for VP!!! I don't know my geography, don't balance a check book and would like to spend money I don't have on clothes that I would wear once.
HHHmmm... the future?????

Rachel said...

I never really took Palin seriously. I was nervous for a bit when I thought that there was a possibility that she would be in charge of ANYTHING, let alone the country. Thankfully, though, that didn't come to pass. Now I completely ignore her antics. She's like one of those John & Kate, Octomom, seeking fame and money for doing nothing people. She's fallen from political hopeful to reality star status. It's like a car crash- people will slow down to watch the tragedy, but people will generally not stop to help. Let's hear it for Palin and her downward spiral!

Anne T Jo said...

Rachel, I wish I believed in her downward spiral.

Jason said...

I just feel ashamed that I have to be grouped with a bunch of retards - yeah I said it, that follow this person around really believing that she is someone to be respected. Going to other countries, it becomes so painfully apparent what the world thinks of us and our aggressive, arrogant tactics. It is seriously becoming like that movie Idiocracy around here....and it is everywhere.