Monday, September 14, 2009

Thought for food

I refuse to succumb to the regularities of consistent blog content, yet I must remember to occasionally wade into the mainstream in order for people to like me, hopefully holding out hope that I am not completely whacked out. Don't hope to much- I lay this caveat out without trepidation. Fact is, I'm stranger in my own mind than in my own world. There's nothing wrong with thinking off the grid as long as you live within it. I only choose to write like this because it allows some safe externalization of the (not so) inert byproducts of my rational thought. So.............. on that note, here's a recipe I've tried:

Tailgate Chili-

Feeds 10

Needs:
2lbs. ground chuck
1 lb. Italian sausage
3- 15oz. cans mild chili beans, drained
1- 15oz. can hot chili beans in sauce
2- 28oz. cans diced tomatoes
1- 6oz. can tomato paste
1 large onion, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 green chili peppers, chopped
1 tablespoon bacon bits
4 beef bouillon cubes
1/2 cup good beer
1/4 cup chili powder
1 tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon dried oregano
2 teaspoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons hot sauce
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon sugar
1 bag Fritos
1- 8oz. bag shredded cheddar cheese

How to:
Be sure not to exclude any ingredients, and don't vary quantities

Combine sausage, burger in dutch oven over a squirt of olive oil, cool into meat is browned. Add all the rest, bring to a brief boil, lower heat and simmer, covered, for at least 2 hours, serve-

The pic? Whatever you make of it....................if it shows up, that is. No guarantees.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Heehee, sometimes your blog seems like an exercise in vocabulary, stretching my intelligence to its very limit just to gather your meaning! Smart guy.