Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Steps

OK, so today I made the first move toward my oblivion. I have ordered a PC. Yes. A PC. Me. A lifelong MAC man. Had to. The CAD program I want will only run on an Apple computer if I install a conversion program and load Windows 7. Too much hassle and probably too glitchy.
So.............. ya wanna know what I got? Do ya care? Do I care if you care? It's easy to answer a question with a question when there's no one available to berate me. Here's what I got:
Just a few borings- Intel Quad core i7-950
6 Gb RAM
1Tb hard drive
1 Gb video card
Liquid cooled

lots of other borings I will not drill you with...............
I am considering two ASUS 23" LED monitors-
After I run some trial CAD programs, I'll decide which to buy- as of now, I'm leaning toward Chief Architect (if for no other reason at least I've seen this in action).
FYI: As of today I have christened my as yet non-existent company "Boettcher Design" and will accept any and all donations to the cause for my future celebrity in the world of CAD system desk junkies. If I fall on my face and this project dies with me, at least Amy's artistic talent will enable her to create a beautiful cadaver outline on the office floor. I'm sure she'd sell it for a discount.

2 comments:

momboe said...

Heck no! I'd sell it for a fortune along with the rights to the story that goes with it! HA!
Have faith baby! I have enough faith in you for both of us:) I just KNOW this is an amazingly brilliant idea that we should have invested in long ago but are only just ready for it now!
Love you! So proud of you. This is going to be soooooo fun!
SIMS has nothing on us!

Lis said...

Too funny!