Sunday, September 19, 2010

In The Beginning................


As of today, the ship date for my computer is 9/22. That means I can expect delivery a couple days later. Maybe three. Meanwhile, my 23" Asus widescreen LED's sit at the ready. Ready for what, you ask? Got me. I'll be happy to navigate the PC to operational mode. I have no idea whether this company has pre-loaded Windows 7 or whether I have to do it. I'll have to download drivers for my printer. I'll have to properly hook up the monitors, figure out how to set orientation.............
After all that, I must be sure I can get on line properly, then attempt to download the trial version of Chief Architect and see if I can navigate my way through. If I can, and am convinced this is the program for me, at some time I need to bite the bullet, drop $2,600, order the full version and watch it stream the monster to my PC. I have a 1 Tb hard drive so space shouldn't be an issue. Nor should speed. (quad core Intel i7), nor RAM (6Gb) nor graphics (1Gb video card). Success will depend on the skill of the operator (me)- I can't use equipment limitations as an excuse.
Whenever this CAD drawing thing gets to the stage where I feel comfortable to advertise, I will be creating a blog and/or website showcasing my accomplishments to date. Once I get the gist o the program, I plan to design a home from scratch, adding detail as I figure how. Call it my Cadfolio. The company name will be simply "Boettcher Design"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tracy, that all sounds exciting and complicated for this old mind but I know you will make a success of it like you always do! Keep us posted, Love Mom

momboe said...

ooohhh... It's soooo exciting! It's like wining the cyber lottery!

Sarah. said...

are you launching a space shuttle from that room?