Friday, November 26, 2010

Palin? Palin. Palin!

I wrote about her quite some time ago but apparently my voice wasn't heard by enough- her name keeps popping up recently.
Keep this in mind: If you want to be an electrician, you must take classes, tests, an apprenticeship, and then be able to perform the work well enough, along with the acquired credentials to get a job in the field. If you want to sell real estate, you need to take tests to gain a license. Lawyer? Doctor? Engineer? Mechanic? Hair dresser?
Now, some Republicans are seeing her as a possible front runner for the party. I am largely a Republican, but I have to pin my hopes on a candidate who has passed a test or two. I'm fairly certain Sarah could pull a C- on the economics final I took in 1976 at Peoria High School. I should be able to assume she knows the difference between macro economics and micro, or has heard the age old term "there's no such thing as a free lunch", but I wouldn't bank on it. I can see her getting ready for a North/South Korean summit by looking at a world globe and then asking the guys "can't y'all just get along? Vietnam was a long time ago!"
I know she hit the library to research her latest book, otherwise she couldn't have heard of JFK's speech about his candidacy and his Catholicism.
I really feel that, lacking a test for candidates, we should hope for the sensibilities of the voters to choose someone who can list accomplishments that show a finisher, not a quitter, someone who achieves without recognition, and succeeds without fanfare at every stop. In short, I want a smart guy (or woman). One who has already spent a lifetime cracking the books and knows a thing or two. Surely the party has qualified candidates who won't embarrass us all. Surely....

3 comments:

momboe said...

I refuse to even mention her name as I don't want to give any support. All advertising is good advertising they say and she obviously doesn't really care if it's bad as long as she's being talked about.
It's like watching Jerry Springer. It's not fair to make fun of those who don't know any better.

marky the funky bunch said...

Well said! I agree that this can't be the best Republican/conservative candidate out there. Every time I hear her high-picthed voice it's like fingernails across the chalkboard...painful! I wish the conservatives could get their act together and come up with a viable candidate we will feel comfortable supporting. Until then all bets are off.

Rachel said...

Wait, you mean that Palin having her own reality show doesn't automatically give her the credentials and qualifications necessary to run the country?!? I tend to see her in the light of most reality "stars" these days- an embarrassing joke. Let's just hope that the American public is not dumb enough to put her in any authoritative positions.